The Legend of Evil
Top Critic Average
Genres: Adventure, Strategy
- Play as Bill, as he triumphantly carries out his duties to destroy mankind.
- Build towers to summon procedurally generated demons that will unleash devastation on your enemies.
- Discover new demons and unlock new tower upgrades throughout your quest to bring about the apocalypse!
- Overcome obstacles and challenges by utilizing your demon's unique strengths.
ROGUE CONQUEST MODE:
- Different every time you play!
- Build an adaptive strategy and think on your feet to combat the constantly changing human scourge.
- Use unique demons each with their strengths, weaknesses and special abilities.
- Experiment with endless combinations by fusing demons together.
- Meet exciting and new enemies and bosses of all sizes.
- Manage your resources while carefully balancing risk and reward.
The Legend of Evil - Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer
Maybe it is just the way the game is designed, maybe it is because of the poor balance, but The Legend of Evil ends up feeling like a puzzle game. It doesn't work as intended, or at least it doesn't seem like it. Without better balance, or maybe just a better explanation of what you are meant to do, this game has an unplayable campaign, but an enjoyable enough ‘arcade' mode.
The Legend of Evil feels like a fine example of a diamond in the rough game if you're a fan of tower defense games and are looking for a challenge. The developers have stated that there's more to come for this title and honestly, I couldn't be happier as it has a lot of potential to be a truly fantastic game. I'd definitely recommend adding this gem to your Switch library.