Top Critic Average
Developer: Magic Design Studios
Genres: Adventure, Platformer
Inspired by the famous Chinese novel "Journey to the West," Unruly Heroes tells the adventure of four totally opposed, implausible heroes who must collect all the scroll fragments and travel to fantastical worlds to restore balance... or die trying!
Set in lush, lively environments, the game is a playful version of the tale, and features a mix of jumping, climbing, unexpected challenges, and intense combat as you face a horde of enemies and memorable boss characters.
During this odyssey, the gang has no choice but to join forces and finally understand what it takes to be a hero.
- Experience the legend of the Monkey King, solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local play.
- Master the combined strength of four different heroes by learning to use the best one for each new encounter and challenge.
- Test your reflexes against an assortment of challenging enemies and intimidating bosses.
- Possess your enemies to harness their strength and abilities.
- Explore different worlds spanning a colorful fantasy universe, solving puzzles and overcoming unexpected obstacles.
- Immerse yourself in spectacular art, animation, and sound.
- Fight against your friends in local or online PVP.
Unruly Heroes - Launch Trailer [Nintendo Switch | Xbox One | PC]
Unruly Heroes - New Gameplay Trailer 2018 [XboxOne | Nintendo Switch| PS4 | PC]
Unruly Heroes - Meet Wukong [XboxOne | Nintendo Switch | PS4 | PC]
Unruly Heroes is a solid game, a good game, a fun game, it just isn't a brilliant game. All of the components are fun, the visual style is lovely, the characters are easy to use and the puzzles don't make you want to throw your Switch at the cat. Those are all good qualities, but it just lacks that little bit extra that would turn it into a great game, a must-play. You aren't going to walk away with a new appreciation of life or Journey to the West, just a feeling of “Yeah, that was a laugh.”
This Unruly Heroes is a very pleasant surprise. If you like 2D titles that mix platforms and action in equal parts, you will enjoy a lot with this title. Many describe it as a perfect mix between Rayman Legends and Trine, and they are right. He has a bit of both but he also shines with his own ideas. It's beautiful, it's long and it's a real challenge in many moments.
Review in Spanish | Read full review